- To educate Public Safety Agencies (Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services) and Office of Emergency Management of the crucial points of search and rescue.
- To assist local governments to reduce occurrences of unsuccessful searches
- To cooperate with the NJ Attorney General’s
Office, NJ State Police Missing Person’s Unit, and County Office of
Emergency Management in dissemination of awareness and information
regarding search & rescue teams in New Jersey.
- To cooperate with government agencies and other
interested organizations in identifying the need of search & rescue
organizations and planning to meet them.
- To foster and promote mutual aid agreements and assistance between search & rescue organizations.
- To publicize the existence of search & rescue teams so an appropriate resource may be best deployed when a search occurs.
- To promote and conduct public education
concerning outdoor recreation safety with a view to reducing the
incidence and severity of searches.